喜愛點
0
Jhongshe Historical House

Jhongshe Historical House

Jhongshe historical house is one of the more well-preserved traditional houses in Penghu County. It was originally named “Flower House” because of the legend that when this village was first established, their ancestors looked at the local terrain, and discovered that the mountains surrounding the place are just like lotus petals. 

Hit:5299
Twin Hearts Stone Weir

Twin Hearts Stone Weir

There are totals of 558 stone weirs in Penghu, and up to 88 of them are distributed around Jibeiyu. They rank first in the world both in terms of number and density. Local ancestors fed generations of offspring toiling away with these stone weir, therefore, Jibeiyu has all the reasons in the world to be called “home of the stone weir”.

Hit:11712
Yuwongdao Lighthouse

Yuwongdao Lighthouse

Yuwongdao lighthouse was originally named “Xiyu Lighthouse”. Its situated on the southwest highland of Yuwongdao in Waian Village of Xiyu Township in Penghu Islands. Yuwongdao was originally named “Xi yin”, in the 16th century, but the Dutch renamed it “The island of Yuwong(fishermen)”. 

Hit:4698
Xiyu West Fort

Xiyu West Fort

Xiyu Western Fort was refurbished by Liu Mingchuan in the Ch'ing Dynasty. In 1884, Sino-French War rose, and French commander Courbet led the Far-eastern fleet to attack Taiwan and Penghu, Penghu was taken down and Taiwan was endangered, luckily, Liu Mingchuan fought to the very end and saved Taiwan. After the Sino-French agreement was made, Liu Mingchuan planned the defense in Taiwan, and asked to place an army chief in Penghu to reinforce Penghu defense. Back then, they built four forts outside the current Waian Village in Xiyu Township, Penghu County, these forts were of large-scale and experienced great difficulty in construction, finally completed in July 1888.

Hit:4527
Erkan Historical House – Chen Family Historical House

Erkan Historical House – Chen Family Historical House

Chen Family Historical House is the top representative for Erkan Historical Houses it was built in 1910. Chen Ling and Chen Bang two brothers moved to Tainan to run a Chinese Herb Medicine store and became rich. They came back home to refurbish their old house to honor their family.

Hit:5877
Penghu Great Bridge

Penghu Great Bridge

The Penghu Great Bridge is 2,494m long. It strides above the Houmen Waterway between Baisha and Xiyu Islands. It is said the ocean current underneath the bridge can be as fast as 3m per second—the second most dangerous in Penghu.

Hit:6641
Jhongtun Wind Power Area

Jhongtun Wind Power Area

The wind farm sits in Jhongtun Village of Baisha Township in Penghu County, it is the second wind farm in Taiwan, and has been in operation since October 2001. The wind farm happens to be situated in Jhongtun’s second nursery, and designed as a windmill park; it is the new landmark for famous tourist sites in Baisha Township. This wind farm is the second in Taiwan, using the third generation wind turbine in Penghu; the motor used by this wind turbine is the latest German design, able to change speed. When the wind force changes, the angle of the blades will be able to adjust accordingly, the spinning speed can also be adjusted according to the generation demand, taking a big step towards the control of stable electricity.

Hit:4464
Beiliao Recreation Area

Beiliao Recreation Area

Starry Kueibi" of Beiliao Kueibi is one of the eight most renowned views in Penghu, and wave-chasing in Kueibishan, Beiliao, has become an important tourism resource in Penghu. The origin of the name Kueibishan: When looking at Beiliao coast from a distance, its mountain is shaped like a sea turtle bending over on the sea, therefore it was called "turtle wall mountain" (gueibishan), and later on renamed Kueibishan using its homonymic sound.

Hit:5719
Aimen Beach

Aimen Beach

Aimen Beach is composed of beautiful white sand, fragments of corals and shells, and remains of foraminifera. It is now a major spot for water activities such as jet skiing and banana boating.

Hit:5292
無說明

Tongpan Geology Park

Tongpanyu is 6 nautical miles off the coast of Magong Island; the entire island is surrounded by columnar basalts of clear lines, the columnar joints is the most enriched in Penghu, and has long been known as the "Yellowstone Park of Penghu".

Hit:3834
Total 【19】Page【1/2】