喜愛點
0
Great Stone-lion Recreational Area

Great Stone-lion Recreational Area

Qi mei is an island full of imagination, every rock can transform into some kind of pattern. The Great Stone-lion Recreational Area over looks Longcheng("long" means dragon), the name itself suggests what the place must be like; standing high up on the hilltop looking down, when you look closely, you can actually see the body, the head and the pearl of the dragon, even the foams splashed by the waves seem like white dragons swimming. Longcheng is an abrasion platform with pot holes and chessboard rocks follow the slope down to the abrasion platform and you will be able to see these interesting and multi-variant geological landscapes.

Hit:3752
Yueli Recreational Area

Yueli Recreational Area

Yueli Bay sit southeast of Qi mei, forming a beautiful arc-shaped bay with white coral sand beach; this is the only sand beach on Qi mei Island, and it has soft sand, clear blue ocean, along with rich recreational resources, and reef coral terrain formed by the coral reefs connected to the island; this is an absolutely beautiful place, and perfect for diving activities owing to the beautiful corals and splendid tropical fishes swimming back and forth. The beautiful white sand beach never fails to stop the tourists, and simply bask in the sun, enjoying the ocean here.

Hit:3692
Waiting Husband Reef

Waiting Husband Reef

There is a sad, yet beautiful legend regarding the Waiting Husband Reef. It is said that there was a loving couple near the Seven Beauties Tomb, and the husband went out fishing every day. 

Hit:3244
Seven Beauties Tomb

Seven Beauties Tomb

Situated 500m southeast of Nanhu Port in Qi mei Township, Penghu County, the Seven Beauties Tomb is the remains of a well-known story of chastity, becoming the well-known tourist site in Qi mei; the story is also the origin of its place name. there are two stone tablets next to the Seven Beauties Tomb, on the left, is the Seven Beauties Tomb Stone established by the Japanese, and on the right is the Seven Beauties Song tablet, telling the story and origin of the Seven Beauties Tomb. In order for the spirits of the seven beauties to have a place to dwell, residents in Qi mei built seven little houses next to the tomb, and placed seven sets of makeup in front of the tomb as offerings for them.

Hit:3700
Yuwongdao Lighthouse

Yuwongdao Lighthouse

Yuwongdao lighthouse was originally named “Xiyu Lighthouse”. Its situated on the southwest highland of Yuwongdao in Waian Village of Xiyu Township in Penghu Islands. Yuwongdao was originally named “Xi yin”, in the 16th century, but the Dutch renamed it “The island of Yuwong(fishermen)”. 

Hit:4836
Xiyu West Fort

Xiyu West Fort

Xiyu Western Fort was refurbished by Liu Mingchuan in the Ch'ing Dynasty. In 1884, Sino-French War rose, and French commander Courbet led the Far-eastern fleet to attack Taiwan and Penghu, Penghu was taken down and Taiwan was endangered, luckily, Liu Mingchuan fought to the very end and saved Taiwan. After the Sino-French agreement was made, Liu Mingchuan planned the defense in Taiwan, and asked to place an army chief in Penghu to reinforce Penghu defense. Back then, they built four forts outside the current Waian Village in Xiyu Township, Penghu County, these forts were of large-scale and experienced great difficulty in construction, finally completed in July 1888.

Hit:4658
Xiyu East Fort Military Historic Park

Xiyu East Fort Military Historic Park

Xiyu East Fort and Xiyu West Fort were built at the same time. In the fort, they used bricks and stones to build arch-shaped ammunition dumps and living quarters for officers and soldiers. It guarded the Magong Port with Jinggui Fort. Now, Xiyu West Fort, Xiyu East Fort, and Dongchang Camp have been transferred from Penghu Defense Command. They are projected as Xiyu East Fort Military Historic Park.

Hit:4180
Daguoye Columnar Basalt

Daguoye Columnar Basalt

During the Japanese occupation, a wharf was planned to be built at the seaside of Daguoye to improve marine communications between Magong Island and Xiyu. While the workers were digging earth and stones away, they found the impressive columnar basalt which had been buried and had been in sound sleep for thousands of years. We can say that it is the most accessible columnar basalt in Magong Island.

Hit:7772
Erkan Historical House – Chen Family Historical House

Erkan Historical House – Chen Family Historical House

Chen Family Historical House is the top representative for Erkan Historical Houses it was built in 1910. Chen Ling and Chen Bang two brothers moved to Tainan to run a Chinese Herb Medicine store and became rich. They came back home to refurbish their old house to honor their family.

Hit:6038
Xiaomen Geology Gallery

Xiaomen Geology Gallery

Penghu is composed of lava from volcano fissure eruption and before becoming the beautiful, spectacular,  and at the same time precious geological landscape it experienced years and years of wind, rain, and wave erosion. 

Hit:4437
Total 【54】Page【2/6】